Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wedding Tip Wednesday

      Centerpieces?  I've been thinking about centerpieces a lot lately.  When did it become the norm for the tables focal point to be flowers?  Don't get me wrong I love flowers I think they bring a certain romantic quality to your wedding & reception, but if you are on a budget are flower centerpieces really the way you want to go?   Don't get me wrong I like flowers just as much as the next girl...Okay maybe I don't.  I tend to lean towards the "they are just going to die in a week" side of things.  However, I have been seeing more & more of centerpieces that showcase both the bride and grooms personalities.  I would love to know what you think?  Here are a few of my ideas.

A) Candles: If you want to make your centerpieces shine -- literally -- opt for candles, which create a certain romantic ambiance. Group candles together based on color and size, or create an artistic setting with different sizes and shapes.  I just liked the picture below because it was seasonal...think of the possibilites.


B) Lanterns and such:  It seems like anything vintage is coming back. I think lanterns, books, clocks all have a rather timeless quality.  I recently saw a girl who had stacks of books on half the tables and then old different clocks on the other half...turned out very cute.


C) Photo Frames:  I think photo frames can be super fun, especially if you don't like matchy matchy.  If you don't care then just run out and find different styles, sizes  & colors.  Another great thing about photo frames is that they can be easily spray painted to match your wedding colors.


D) Miniature Cakes:  I know that this seems kinda out there, but disregard the traditional route and have miniature wedding cakes as table centerpieces rather than the traditional wedding cake. Talk to your baker about making one or two small cakes for each table that serve the number of people seated at each table or have her make small two-tier cakes for each individual at the table. This centerpiece eliminates the need to choose only your favorite design for one wedding cake.



Just like your choice of food and music, the table centerpieces at your wedding reception are likely to capture the attention of your guests and set the tone for your event. One aspect of table centerpieces is that they can be anything you want them to be, from framed photographs of you and your new spouse to flowers to candles to fish in a fish bowl. Your imagination and creativity are shown through your choice of centerpieces and impressing your guests is easy.  Be creative and show your guests a part of your personality.  I'm all about mix and match so if you don't want to get rid of all the flowers, then through a few in for good measure!





No comments: