Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wedding Tip Wednesday...What's your Style?!


Classic, Modern, Preppy, Outdoor, Vintage, Rustic, Chic, Country, Beach, Themed, Offbeat, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter...Should I go on?  Choosing a wedding style isn't the easiest thing in the world to do. All I ask is that you don't just jump on the band wagon with what's trendy. I wanted to share a few tips to help you along the way.  
1.  Remember everyone's definition of style is different even within a theme.
2. Your Wedding style should represent the personalities of both the Groom & the Bride.
3.  The style of your wedding doesn't start with just the Wedding or Reception.  It starts with your "Save the Date" or Wedding invitations. 
4. Colors matter...Don't be afraid to be bold if that's you! It doesn't have to look a certain way.
5.  HAVE FUN!! Think outside the box.  Cookie cutter weddings are always beautiful, but let your style tell your story!

If any of you are like me and had no idea what the difference was between Vintage, Antique, & Chic were, then I have tried to offer some guidance, I'm still not sure I can help you.  After much searching and studying, I'm not sure anyone really knows exactly the look.  Like I said previously, everyone has their own definition within a style.  I thought I would help you with a definition & some pictures of what I found usually accompanies these words . All in all I have found that each of these are simply interchangeable. Such as Country Chic with Vintage touches or a Rustic look with Vintage embellishments the list is endless.  Chic is simply a word used to define the look such as elegant and fashionable.


Vintage: Usually refers to an item that is at least 25 years old but less than 100 years old.  Vintage means different things to different people but I think the one constant is the term makes you think of a romantic, elegant and even chivalrous era — which makes it a perfect theme for a wedding, shower, rehearsal dinner and more. If a typewriter is present you are usually walking into some type of vintage feel.


Antique: Although there are some variances, most people consider antiques to be an item of at least 100 years of age. Dressers are extremely popular with trying to accomplish this antique look.



Classic: Judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.




Rustic: Having a simplicity and charm that is considered typical of the countryside.


To sum it up; choosing your wedding style should be fun & represent both the bride and groom.  Don't think for one second that just because someone else has a different idea of what vintage represents that what you have envisioned isn't vintage as well.  Happy Planning!!



No comments: